The largest global platform for senior police leaders to engage on strengthening international security and to address cross-border threats through the unifying power of national and United Nations policing. United Nations Chiefs of Police Summit (UNCOPS) is an illustration of inclusive multilateralism at work.
UNCOPS will provide an opportunity for senior police executives, key partners and United Nations representatives to advance A4P commitments, and contribute to promoting the Sustainable Development Goals through discussions on:
- Contributing to collective coherence behind political strategies through comprehensive police reforms.
- Protecting and empowering civilians through community-oriented policing to help renew our social contract.
- Accelerating the implementation of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda through gender-responsive policing, increased women's political participation, decision-making and parity both nationally and within the United Nations Police.
- Enhancing accountability to peacekeepers by increasing their safety and security through intelligence-led policing and greater situational awareness.
- Sustaining peace by contributing to integrated rule of law assistance, in line with Agenda 2030 and Sustainable Development Goal 16.
- Strengthening data-driven and tech-enabled United Nations Police capabilities and mindsets through a systematic performance regime that spans from pre- to postdeployments.
- Improving partnerships with host countries, regional and other organizations, to facilitate coherent international policing assistance.
- Strengthening accountability of peacekeepers through awareness raising on conduct and discipline, as well as the United Nations Police Environmental Management Framework.